Understanding Emerging Gender Diversity in the Workplace
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Export to iCalendar
Through a conversation surrounding diversity, we focus on understanding diversity, which refers to all of the ways that people are different including gender. Through understanding and awareness, we’ll learn how to be sensitive and respectful of differences in the workplace.
• Review of the legal rights and compliance needs surrounding gender and LGBTQ+ people in the workplace
• Understand the basic vocabulary needed and provide some context for the terminology specifically related to the experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer or "LGBTQ+" people.
• Understand the underlying issues of sex and gender as they are vitally important to ensuring that everyone in the workplace is treated with respect and dignity.
• Remove unknown barriers to inclusivity and look at the ways in which gender affects teamwork and explore some ways in which teams actively can work to overcome the barriers that often keep teams from achieving their goals.
• Explore how AIM members are embracing LGBTQ+ rights in the workplace