Managing Generational Diversity at Work
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Export to iCalendar
Recognizing and understanding differences among the different generations in the workforce can help your supervisors better supervise employees. Generational diversity can have an impact on the way employees perform, the way they perceive their supervisors and the organization, and the way they interact with one another. Although generational differences are only one way the workforce is diverse, and although generation is only one factor among many affecting employees’ attitudes and behavior, your supervisors need to understand the generational influences, experiences, and concerns that shape employees so that they can work well with employees of all ages and encourage their workers to perform at their best.
• Define generational diversity.
• Identify the different generations in the workforce.
• Understand differences among the generations that can affect the workplace.
• Appreciate the impact of generational diversity in communication, feedback, teamwork, motivation, training, and development; and
• Use knowledge of generational diversity to improve supervision of all employees