Human Resources Roundtable January 2022
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Export to iCalendar
Many employers have resolved to create diverse, equitable and inclusive workplaces in 2022. This month’s interactive discussion will focus on employers’ obligations and opportunities with respect to gender identity and expression in the workplace. We will discuss how to respond to and support employees who identify as transgender, non-binary and two spirit.
Topics of discussion will include:
• Meeting legal obligations to prevent discrimination against employees and applicants based on gender identity and expression
• Recommended practices for supporting employees who transition in the workplace, including how to prepare in advance for an employee’s transition
• Practical takeaways for compliance with non-discrimination laws
• Resources for educating yourself and your colleagues about gender identity and expression
• Guidelines for communicating within the workplace about issues of gender identity and expression
To help us work through the complexities of these issues, we’ve invited two guests with extensive experience in this field. Ronnie King - DEI/Benefits Advocate for AIM member Blount Fine Foods and Ari Kristan - Attorney with the law firm Hirsch Roberts Weinstein. Please join us at the January roundtable as they help us explore the challenges and nuances of managing gender diversity at work.