Immigration and the Workplace – Understanding Visas, I-9s, E-Verify and No Match Letters
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Export to iCalendar
Immigration in the workplace has been in the forefront throughout 2020 and all indications are that it will be a focus for 2021 as well. From a new I9 form and changed processes to a shortage of visas in the workplace, companies are needing to take a closer look and update their immigration policies and procedures. In addition to that, many of us are looking for and finding talent in a variety of cities, states and even countries in the new workplace. Please join us for this important session to look at the most current information on immigration in the workplace. We will explore current visas as well as future possible changes in Visas, I9’s, requirements for E-verify and Social Security No Match Letters which are now being sent out to employers again after a delay during the pandemic.
In this session we will review:
• Visas – pandemic and administration updates for 2021
• I-9’s – review changes from 2020 including verification processes during the Pandemic. What will we see in the future with a focus on virtual workplaces?
• E-verify – legal requirements and best practices
• No match letters - pandemic delays and review of employee processes
• Best practices during the hiring process