Human resource professionals, office managers, small business owners, managers, supervisors, and group leaders must know the basics of employment laws for hiring and managing employees. In this workshop, facilitated by AIM HR Solution’s Tom Jones, Esq., we will cover the topics of:
• Compliance with the Earned Sick Time Law. • Common mistakes in the payment of wages.
• Administration of the Parental Leave and Domestic Violence Leave laws. • The Family Medical Leave Act and other leaves of absence best practices.
• Unemployment insurance and the claims process. • Discrimination & Harassment prevention and how to respond to complaints.
• Typical employee handbook & personnel records mistakes. • Proper steps in discipline & termination of employment.
• Marijuana, drug & alcohol testing and the American’s With Disabilities Act. • Worker’s Compensation claims administration basics.
• Effectively investigating employee complaints. • Ensuring documentation from supervisors.
This comprehensive, interactive and hands-on workshop is a is designed to help familiarize managers (both new and experienced) with a fundamental understanding of Massachusetts state and federal employment laws.